These four steps to better communication will ensure your message is heard with clarity and convinces the audience.
- Know your market.
- What are the standards?
- What do your clients expect?
- What are your competitors doing?
- Know your strengths
- What makes your product different to your competitors?
- How does that benefit the clients?
- What is your USP? (and what is that worth?)
- What must you do to ensure your USP is delivering something your clients will pay for?
- Spread the word internally
- Draw all staff onto the same page. Having a mission statement is one way of doing this.
- Have a strict policy on who can interface with clients.
- Train all staff who speak to clients. Remember to include post sale services. Many on-line reviews refer to post sales service.
- Keep the message clear and consistent.
- Review everything you publish, on-line or in print, against your core message. They need not all say the same thing but they do need to complement one another.
- Take extra care in briefing temporary or freelance staff such as door to door canvassers.
Remember every contact with a client is a representation of your company and your service and/or products